Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d)
Volders: Feel good about contracts
Anyone thinking of contracts should think of Volders: we organize all of our customers contracts, perfectly. From termination to contract change, we ensure contracts “just fit” and are never overpriced. Our customers can sit back and relax – they always have a good feeling about their contracts. We have helped over 1.5 million customers in the last four years, and are only just getting started.
We value our informal, collaborative, and ego-free environment that promotes collaboration and idea-sharing. As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll be responsible for planning, building, and deploying our Ruby and Elixir projects. You will have responsibility for what you build, and work hand in hand with our Head of Engineering.
What you will do:
- Collaborate on the rebuild of our core customer-facing services, taking end-to-end ownership from development to production
- Add new features and maintain our existing Ruby and Elixir codebases
- Build complex internal tools to support different departments
- Deliver clean, maintainable code with solid documentation
- Support and mentor team members, through code reviews and collaboration
- Work on at-scale deployment issues
- Serve the business by measuring and analyzing performance bottlenecks and solving them with high performance code
What you should bring:
- You are a senior developer, with at least three years professional experience in Ruby
- You have a great devotion to quality and an eye for detail, and take pride in your work
- You enjoy mentoring and knowledge sharing
- You have experience working in a small tech team, and have worked in a remote structure before
- You know that documentation not only makes you a great team member, but also saves your future self a lot of time
- You have a solid understanding of front-end technologies (JS, HTML and CSS)
- You have experience in server administration and DNS management
What you will get from us:
- Be a respected and trusted part of an international team, with experienced and passionate software developers and a strong company culture
- Ownership and freedom in developing a service that will make over 1.5 million customers happy!
- Educational budget for professional and personal growth, and access to our digital learning library
- Support for part-time home office
- Company-wide events where we strengthen our team spirit and most importantly: have fun!
- A sponsored BVG ticket to reach our office at Moritzplatz
- On-site we offer free fruit and vegetables, drinks and great coffee